Sorry for the lack of updates. These past couple of weeks have been rough. Last week was my first week alone with my two boys. Also my first time going out alone with my two boys. It was hard. Lots of tears from all three of us.
Adonis has been having a hard time adjusting to having a new brother in the house. I know it’s going to take time, but I’m praying and trying to give him as much positive attention I can give him.
I’ve been on insisting to get him to “help” me with little things for his brother, encouraging to kiss his little brother and cuddle him, and even read stories together. For the most part he wants nothing to do with any of those things except read stories together. So I’ll take that. Sometimes he will give him a kiss, and yesterday he was a great big helper with pushing the stroller to my breastfeeding support group.
Overall yesterday was a better day all around. Leaving the house was a breeze, and with minor meltdowns on our outing, Adonis was calmer and happier. I cried everyday last week when he had a huge meltdown. I didn’t want him to think he wasn’t loved. I felt like was a an awful mother. I’m not sure if it was just me getting the blues, but seeing my little guy screaming at the top of his lungs, hitting himself (slapping himself in the face), and throwing himself on the ground it made me feel like I failed as a parent.
I know that isn’t the case. I know that I’m doing the best that I can. No one wasn’t kidding about this two year old stage being hard. I have to say though, Adonis has developed with his talking so much more since Luca has been born, and everyday it has amazed me. Communicating with him has gotten a lot better. Just trying to get him to express himself calmly and using his words has been difficult. That’s something I’m really working on.Again, I know it’s going to take time, and I’m not failing as a parent even though it feels like that at times. I just need to be patient.
- holi-soy-naty likes this
- clementinesandmonkeys likes this
- oursarah likes this
- xxhislittlefeetxx likes this
- bageldreams likes this
- raisinglittlehumans said:Ive been there! Chin up, your head is in the right place :-)
- raisinglittlehumans likes this
- chaosopher likes this
- pink--oleander likes this
- msharris214 likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- littlejacksons likes this
- lifewiththesmalls likes this
- ilovebean said:Oh man. Sending hugs. If it makes you feel any better, Q acts the same way and there is no baby around. It’s just being 2. He will come around. You’re doing great.
- ilovebean likes this
- iused2knowwhattosay likes this
- miles--files likes this
- maxandmummy likes this
- shelleyplusthree likes this
- wheremygreengrassgrows likes this
- altogetherbeautiful likes this
- crazymomxx likes this
- raisingbabyboy posted this